Special! Use coupon code 50ship for FREE SHIPPING on orders of $50+
Subscribe to our Newsletter:
Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
The addition of coffee makes these treats particularly yummy!
3/4 cup slivered almonds
2 tablespoons strong-brewed Café Campesino coffee
2 tablespoons hot water
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Toast almonds in oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
3. In a separate small mixing bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixture at a medium speed until fluffy. Pour coffee, vanilla and eggs into the butter mixture; mix well. Reduce mixer's speed to low and slowly pour flour mixture into the butter mixture.
5. Fold chocolate chips and almonds into the dough. Drop dough by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen.