Coffee-Braised Eye Round Roast
Welcome fall with this savory, coffee-infused main dish.
4 lbs. beef eye round roast
3 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
1 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups strong black Café Campesino coffee
1. With a sharp knife, cut 12 slits along the roast. Insert garlic into each slit.
2. In a non-metallic bowl, pour vinegar over meat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning meat several times.
3. Remove meat and pat dry. Preheat oven to 300° F.
4. In a Dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat. Pour coffee over the meat and add 2 cups water.
5. Cover, bring to a boil on stove. Place in oven and cook for another 3 hours.