Roast Styles & Coffee Descriptions
Our Roast Styles
Medium Roast - Light body, bright nutty flavor. Light brown beans with no oil present on surface.
Full City Roast - Retains some of the brightness and nutty flavor of lighter roasts but picks up the rich and sweet character of darker roasts. Patches of natural coffee oils emerge on the surface.
Viennese Roast – On the light side of dark, this roast has the richness of French Roast without the carbon-smoky flavor. The bean will be dark reddish brown and only slightly oily.
French Roast - Very bold flavor and deep, dark color with a rich, syrupy taste. Beans are covered with natural coffee oils.
Our Single Origin Coffees
(9) Dominican Republic Medium- Fair Trade Organic. This delicate, sweet coffee has a wet creamy body and light smoky aroma. Produced by our friends at FEDECARES, 5,500 members strong and spanning 13 provinces in the Dominican Republic’s coffee lands. Cultivated at altitudes ranging from 2,300 to 4,000 feet, washed, and sun-dried.
(11) Nicaragua Medium - Fair Trade Organic. This light-bodied coffee has a soft herbal fragrance and a sweet flavor with high herbal acidity. Produced by some of the nearly 2,000 members that form the Cecocafen Cooperative. Cultivated at altitudes between 2,600 and 4,600 feet, washed, and sun-dried.
(16) Colombia Medium- Fair Trade Organic. This medium-bodied coffee has sweet fruity fragrances with a complex flavor and a low, gentle acidity. Produced by the 540 members of the Fondo Paez cooperative in the mountains of southwestern Colombia; and the 270 families of the APCO-Ocamonte cooperative. These beans are grown at altitudes of 4,300 feet or higher and are washed and sun-dried.
(18) Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Medium - Fair Trade Organic. This light-bodied coffee has a pronounced citrus aroma and a mild citrus flavor with a high sweet acidity. Produced by the Yirgacheffe cooperative of the Oromia Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union, which has 23,691 members. Grown at elevations between 5,900 and 7,200 feet and is washed and sun-dried.
(22) Guatemala Full City - Fair Trade Organic. This coffee has a sweet, fruity aroma and a clean, sweet flavor. Medium acidity and a long, sweet aftertaste. Grown by our friends at the Apecaform cooperative, with 400 farmers in 19 communities; and the 32 families of the Santa Anita cooperative. Cultivated at altitudes between 3,500 and 5,900 feet, washed, and sun-dried.
(24) Mexico Full City - Fair Trade Organic. This delicate sweet coffee has hints of caramel and chocolate in its aroma and a low acidity. Grown by the producers of Maya Vinic, made up of 700 families in 36 communities; and MICHIZA, made up of 1,033 members in 43 communities. Growing altitudes for this coffee range between 2,900 and 4,600 feet. It is washed and sun-dried.
(25) Ethiopia Sidamo Full City - Fair Trade Organic. A sweet, citrusy, full-bodied cup of coffee from the homeland of all fine Arabica coffees. Produced by the Sidamo cooperative of the Oromia Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union, which has 128,361 members. This coffee, grown at elevations between 4,900 and 6,500 feet, is natural processed and sun-dried.
(23) Sumatra Viennese Roast - Fair Trade Organic. This full-bodied coffee has definite nutty characteristics in both aroma and flavor with sweet chocolate fragrances as well. Low acidity with a sweet earthy aftertaste. Produced by the more than 8,000 members of the KBQB Cooperative. Grown at elevations of 3,600 to 4,900 feet, washed, and sun-dried.
(29) Peru Viennese Roast - Fair Trade Organic. This is a smooth medium-bodied coffee with a sweet fruity aroma and flavor. Clear, sweet acidity and a nice balance with a sweet aftertaste. Produced by our friends at the CAC Pangoa Cooperative which has more than 600 members. This coffee is grown at altitudes between 2,900 and 6,600 feet and is washed and sun-dried.
(17) El Salvador Viennese- Fair Trade Organic. Nicely balanced with a full, smooth body. Soft acidity with a sweet, mellow and chocolate flavor. Produced by the ACOES coop, which is presently made up of La Concordia cooperative, an 87 acre coffee farm collectively managed by its 20 members, and 9 independent farmers from El Sincuyo. These beans are grown at altitudes of 2,700 feet or so and are washed and sun-dried.
(126) Uganda Viennese Roast – Fair Trade Organic. Nutty, sweet, and smoky fragrance with aromatic hints of flower and fruit as it cools. Light, sweet acidity and a pleasant bitterness. A well-balanced, clean cup with smooth body and a long, pleasing aftertaste. Produced by the more than 6,000 members of the Gumutindo cooperative in eastern Africa.
(31) Nicaragua French Roast - Fair Trade Organic. This light-bodied coffee has a soft herbal fragrance and a sweet flavor with medium acidity and a short aftertaste. Produced by some of the nearly 2,000 members of the Cecocafen Cooperative at altitudes between 2,600 and 4,600 feet, this coffee is washed and sun-dried.
(36) Colombia French Roast - Fair Trade Organic. This smooth, sweet coffee has a light body with chocolate, cocoa, and hints of berry in the flavor. Produced by the 540 members of the Fondo Paez cooperative; and the 270 families of the APCO-Ocamonte cooperative. These beans are grown at 4,300 feet or higher and are washed and sun-dried.
(37) Bolivia French Roast –Fair Trade Organic. This heavy-bodied coffee has dark chocolate flavors and aromas with a low, slightly sweet acidity. Produced by the FECAFEB cooperative, which is made up of 30 farmer co-ops representing 8,700 families. Cultivated at elevations ranging between 3,600 and 4,500 feet, washed, and sun-dried.
(39) East Timor French Roast - Fair Trade Organic. This full-bodied coffee is gentle and smooth with notes of sweet chocolate and a hint of rice. Produced by Café Timor, 16 organic cooperatives composed of more than 19,000 small scale coffee farmers. Grown at elevations of 4,300 feet or higher, washed, and sun-dried.
Our Decafs & Half Caffs
(70) Decaf Full City House Blend - Fair Trade Organic. Natural Water Process Decaffeinated with medium body and soft acidity. From the producers of Oaxaca, Mexico and the CAC Pangoa producers of Peru.
(71) Decaf French Roast House Blend - Fair Trade Organic. Natural Water Process Decaffeinated with smooth and mellow body. From the producers of Oaxaca, Mexico and the CAC Pangoa producers of Peru.
(65) Half Caff Full City Blend - Fair Trade Organic. 50/50 blend of one of our regular Full City roasts and a medium body decaf.
(66) Half Caff French Roast Blend - Fair Trade Organic. 50/50 blend of one of our regular French Roasts and a smooth, full bodied decaf.
(51) Benevolent Medium Blend - Fair Trade Organic. A lighter blend of medium roasted Nicaragua beans, with Sumatra Viennese and Peru Viennese added for extra richness. This medium bodied coffee has a sweet fruity fragrance and a fresh sweet taste with a gentle medium acidity.
(10) Mondo Kawan Full City Blend - Fair Trade Organic. A blend of Ethiopia, Mexico, and Peru. Well-balanced with a medium body.
(50) Justice Full City Blend - Fair Trade Organic. A pleasing combination of our Mexico Chiapas Full City and our Sumatra Gayo Viennese. This well-balanced coffee has a nutty chocolate fragrance and flavor with a low acidity and a sweet nutty aftertaste.
(59) Maty’s Full City Blend - Fair Trade Organic. Maty’s delectable blend of Peru Viennese and Ethiopia Sidamo Full City. A well-balanced cup with fruity flavor and aroma, medium body, and low acidity.
(53) Mad Poet Viennese Roast Blend - Fair Trade Organic. A truly poetic union of our Ethiopia Yirgacheffe’s light, citrus flavor and the dark chocolate essence of our East Timor, with some Guatemala Full City as well. This smooth medium bodied coffee has a sweet citrusy fragrance and flavor with a soft medium acidity.
(55) BRAG Brew Viennese Blend - Fair Trade Organic. A special blend created for our friends at Bicycle Ride Across Georgia (BRAG), this robust blend of Mexico Chiapas Full City, Sumatra Viennese, and Nicaragua French is ideal for that critical first cup each morning. This coffee is light to medium bodied with a sweet fragrance and mellow flavor and soft acidity.
(182) Mocha Java Viennese Blend – Fair Trade Organic. Our version of history’s first known coffee blend... great body, smooth and sweet with an enduring aftertaste. Ethiopia Harrar, Sumatra, and a touch of one of our full city roasts that we’re keeping secret. ☺
(52) Critical Mass French Roast Blend - Fair Trade Organic. Pungent, powerful and assertive, this blend of Bolivia, Ethiopia, and Sumatra will please French Roast lovers.
Our Espresso Blends
(60) Original Espresso Blend - Fair Trade Organic. The Original makes a bright cup of espresso with a rich, tan crema. This blend is also very good for espresso drinks.
(62) Easygoing Espresso Blend - Fair Trade Organic. The Easygoing makes a smooth and sweet espresso with a golden crema. Also works well in espresso drinks!
(79) Type A Espresso French Roast Blend - Fair Trade Organic. A bold and smoky blend typical of dark and strong American espressos. Will stand up to all the milk you can throw at it.
(72) Decaf Espresso Full City - Fair Trade Organic. Our decaf espresso is tasty and smooth with nice body.