Cafe Campesino was founded in 1998, becoming Georgia's first and only 100% fair trade, organic coffee company. We supply individuals, coffee houses, markets, fundraisers, restaurants, and other organizations all over the country with some of the best artisan-roasted specialty-grade coffee available in the United States. We are a national online retailer and wholesale roaster-distributor with our headquarters, roaster, and flagship coffee house located in Americus, Georgia, birthplace of Habitat for Humanity and about 9 miles east of Plains, home of former President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn.
Cafe Campesino is a founding member of Cooperative Coffees, a green coffee importing organization committed to fair or alternative trading relationships between farmers and roasters. We are also a member of the Fair Trade Federation and Georgia Organics.
We invite you to learn more about us and our products using the links below.
- Our Story (the long version): It all started when a wheelbarrow of dirt was dumped on a farmer’s coffee bush during a Habitat for Humanity trip to Guatemala. That incident sparked an idea that would grow to become Cooperative Coffees and later Cafe Campesino.
- Our Values, Vision, and Mission: Principles are very important to us and our core values keep us energized.
- Our Roast Styles: The roasting process is what brings out the rich aroma and delicious flavor associated with coffee beans. All of our coffee is freshly roasted in Americus, Georgia.
- Our Staff: Meet the team. We are proud of this dedicated and committed group of coffee geeks, world travelers, students, and seasoned professionals who care deeply for the farmers who grow our good stuff and for our long-standing customers that support us and those farmers.
- Fundraising Information: We think you’ll find that our experience working with fundraising groups can help you get the most of your fundraising venture.
- Wholesale Program: We supply coffee houses, natural foods markets, co-ops, and restaurants across the country with some of the best specialty-grade, fair trade, organic coffee along with other coffee house essentials.Our selection varies based on the available seasonable supply from small-farmer cooperatives all over the world.